- Source code vulnerabilities
- Input validation
- Reliance on client-side validation
- Unintended script execution
- Session data exposure
- Unintentional user activity
- Use secure software development practices: Apply best practices that enable the development of more secure application code and well as aid in the detection and elimination of errors early in the application development process.
- Move security to the ‘left’: Security can’t just happen after a web application is built or installed on a system. It needs to be a part of the entire website and application development process—from beginning to end.
- Audit your web assets: Know what web assets you own and the type of data they hold and regularly conduct automated deep-dive scans to reveal intrusions, behavioral anomalies, and unknown threats.