Last Updated: October 24, 2018
Collection and use of Personal Information
In the course of providing the Service to our customers (including support services provided to customers by phone or email or digital channels), we may obtain personal information about our customers’ clients, employees or other authorized users of the Service as set out below:
- Information Required to Provide the Service: In order to provide the Service, we collect business contact information of our customers and other authorized users of the Service.
- Use of the Service: We may monitor the use of the Platform by our customers in order to detect, investigate or prevent any actual or potential violation of our terms and conditions. We may also generate aggregated, non-identifiable data and use such information to monitor the performance, use and stability of the Platform and to improve the Service.
- Request a Demo: When you request a demo, we may collect your name, work email address, company name, and whether your company is an enterprise or technology vendor. We use this information to contact you and otherwise facilitate your demo.
- Submit a Job Application: If you apply for a job at Feroot, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as information contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials, and your LinkedIn profile URL. We use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities.
- Communications: We may offer you the ability to sign-up to receive Feroot marketing and promotional communications. We use this information to send you the communications you have requested to receive. You can opt-out of receiving promotional email from us by following the opt-out or “unsubscribe” instructions provided in your email or other message, or by contacting us as set out below. Please note that you will continue to receive informational electronic messages from us.
- Contact Us: When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint, you may be asked for information that identifies you, such as your name, email address, telephone number and any other information you provide to us in your message, along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and service offering (including the Website).
Disclosure of Personal Information
As a matter of practice, Feroot does not disclose, trade, rent, sell or otherwise transfer the personal information we collect or the personal information we process on our customers’ behalf, except as set out in this policy.
We may transfer or disclose personal information as follows:
Service Provider Arrangements: In connection with our Website, Service or other services we provide to our customers, we may transfer (or otherwise make available) personal information to third parties who provide services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to host our Website and store information on our behalf. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
Personal information may be maintained and processed by us our third party service providers in the US and Canada. For more information about the way in which our service providers treat personal information, contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Sale of Business: Feroot may transfer personal information as an asset in connection with a prospective or completed merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of Feroot or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
- Legal: Feroot and our Canadian, US and other service providers may disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order (which may include lawful access by Canadian, US or other foreign governmental authorities, courts or law enforcement agencies), to other organizations in the case of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US or other law. Where a disclosure of our customers’ information is required by applicable law, we promptly notify our customer prior to complying with such requirements (to the extent we are not prohibited from doing so) and fully co-operate with our customer’s instructions with respect to our response.
Information about our website
Visiting our Website: We collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Website and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Website. We use this information to help us understand our Website activity, and to monitor and improve our Website.
Analytics: We may use a third party such as Google Analytics to help us gather and analyze information about the areas visited on the Website (such as the pages most read, time spent, search terms and other engagement data) in order to evaluate and improve the user experience and the convenience of the Website. For more information or to opt-out, see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” and “Google Analytics and Privacy”.
Security of Personal Information
We understand that data security is a critical issue for our customers and we are committed to safeguarding the personal information in our custody and under our control. We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control.
Access to Personal Information
If we receive a request from an individual to access or update personal information we have collected on behalf of a particular customer, we will direct that individual to the relevant customer. We will assist our customers wherever possible in responding to individual access requests.
If you submit personal information via our Website or to access other personal information in our records, you may request access, updating or correction of your personal information by submitting a written request to our Privacy Officer (see “Contact Us” below). We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying your identity.
Please contact us at the address set out below if:
- you wish to access, update, and/or correct inaccuracies in your personal information; or
- you otherwise have a question or complaint about the manner in which we or our service providers treat your personal information.