Feroot Security Raises $2.5M Seed Funding and Adds New Advisors, including Justin Berman (Dropbox), John Skubel (Bugsnag.), Dave Wichers (EY)
TORONTO, ON, CANADA, July 20, 2021 /EINPresswire.com/ — Feroot Security, a leading provider of front-end cybersecurity products, today announced the closing of $2.5 million seed round funding by cybersecurity veterans with the help of Y Combinator and several individual technology executives. The seed funding will be used for product development, marketing and scaling the business.
“Today security teams ask themselves ‘who is attacking my business and how do I stop them,’ but fail to ask ‘who is attacking our customers and our online users, and how do we stop them’,” said Ivan Tsarynny, Co-founder & CEO of Feroot Security. “Vitaliy (Lim, Co-founder & CTO) and I set out to disrupt the cybersecurity industry by building a suite of products specifically designed to help businesses ensure they can deliver safe and secure digital experiences to their online customers. The majority of companies today are focused primarily on protecting their network — their back-end systems. Securing the front-end — the client-side — is the new priority. Companies don’t always realize that their customers’ private information is left open and vulnerable to client-side exposures such as eSkimming, Magecart, or Cross-site Scripting (XSS) attacks, when the customer fills out online forms, interacts with chatbots, or pays for goods and services online.”
The round’s investors include:
- Jon Oberheide, Co-founder/CTO of Duo Security
- Kevin Mahaffey, Founder/CTO of Lookout Security
- Zane Lackey, Co-founder/CSO of Signal Sciences
- Varun Badhwar, Founder/CEO of Redlock
- Dave Wichers, Co-founder/COO of Aspect Security & Managing Director of Ernst & Young
- Jenny Yang, CEO & Founder of Metafor Software
- Michael Sutton, Former CISO of Zscaler
- Sounil Yu, Former Chief Security Scientist at Bank of America
New advisors joining Feroot Security include:
- Justin Berman, CISO at Thirty Madison and former Head of Security at Dropbox, as well as former CISO at Zenefits
- John Skubel, VP of Sales at Bugsnag and former RVP, West Sales, at Duo Security.
- Dave Wichers, Managing Director Company Ernst & Young, Co-Founder and COO of Aspect Security, Co-Founder of the OWASP Foundation and OWASP Top 10 Project lead.
About Feroot Security
Feroot Security believes that customers should be able to do business with any company online securely, without risk or compromise. Feroot secures front-end web applications so businesses can deliver flawless digital user experiences to their customers. Leading brands trust Feroot to protect their front-end attack surface. Visit www.feroot.com.